Liwetan-In-A-Box: a one-of-a-kind, delicious cultural experience!
The Philadelphia Folklore Project launches its Spring/Summer fundraising effort with Liwetan-In-A-Box, and invites community members to support Philadelphia's unique folk cultural life, immigrant communities, and informal economies through a one-of-a-kind, delicious cultural experience that can be enjoyed safely from home.
Liwetan-In-A-Box is a takeout version of the Folklore Project’s iconic Liwetan Feast dinners. Each boxed dinner serves two people and the $60 donation includes contactless delivery in the Philadelphia region (Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties.) Chicken and Fish or Vegetarian options are available, and each box includes reheating instructions, a special dedication and batik cloth face-covering made by local Indonesian artist Detty Kastubi Azziz.
All proceeds will support PFP’s work, harnessing traditional arts and community-based knowledge in service of social change, and Indonesian community vendors who regularly partner with the organization and are suffering a loss of income due to COVID-19.
Liwetan-In-A-Box is made possible in part, by support from PECO: Powers Our Community
How to order:
- Order your box by June 13.
- Click RSVP, the site will take you to Eventbrite to purchase your box.
- Click Tickets and select your menu and delivery date.
- PFP will then contact you via email to confirm the time of the delivery.
- Each box includes reheating instructions, a special dedication, and batik cloth face-covering made by local Indonesian artist Detty Kastubi Aziz.
- Thank you for your support!